- 6+ years’ experience in data mining, predictive modelling, machine learning, statistical modelling, large scale data acquisition, transformation, and cleaning, both structured and unstructured data
- Track record of leading and collaborating on strategic initiatives.
- Strong team and business communication skills – can walk through approach with technical clients or explain tricky concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels and with multi-office/region teams.
- Must thrive in a fast- paced environment and be able to work independently.
- Experience in some of machine learning frameworks and tools (e.g. scikit-learn, mlr, caret, H2O, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch, CNTK, MLlib).
- Proficiency with data wrangling, visualization and modelling in either R or Python is required.
- Examples of domain expertise in which we are interested is: predictive modelling, churn analysis, time series forecasting, computer vision, text mining, recommender systems, market basket analysis, segmentation, graph analytics, natural language processing and text analytics.
- Proficiency in SQL is required and experience in relational databases/data warehouses is required.
- Agile way of working.
- Work location will be Copenhagen but travel will be required in the Nordics and across EMEA.
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English is required– Danish language is a strong plus.
The ideal candidate may also have other complimentary skill sets including:
- Strategic consulting experience a plus
- Familiarity with NoSQL data stores is a plus
- Experience with tools in the distributed computing, GPU, cloud platforms and Big Data domains is a plus (e.g. GCP, AWS, MS Azure, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience in managing a data science team is desired
- Familiarity with other analytical software such as SAS is a plus.
- Experience with dashboards, business intelligence tools, and visualization solutions (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Shiny, Dash) is desired
- Experience with Git and modern software development workflow is a plus
- Experience with containerization such as Docker is a plus
Irrespective of an individual’s specific background, the successful candidate will be:
- Collaborative – someone who knows how to work with and through others to drive results and make change happen, and is customer service oriented
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive – someone who knows how to prioritize what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished; “roll up the sleeves” type of attitude
- Bright – both insightful and creative, with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic, with a practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually “do-able”. Possesses an affinity for data-driven insights to make decisions, and able to harness knowledge and expertise of the best content to support the Practice
- Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence”; adaptable across executive, technical and Bain audiences
- Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development – ability to develop an extensive network of relevant relationships both internally and externally, as required
- Inspirational Leadership - track record of successfully managing high-performing team members, motivating and developing colleagues above and below their own tenure
- A great colleague and teammate - passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around; someone with whom colleagues and clients go out of their way to work with
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future.
Across 63 offices in 38 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a gold rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 2% of all companies. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.