Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world’s business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, information technology, organization, private equity, digital transformation and strategy, and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 57 offices in 36 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector.
Bain's Next-Generation Software Solutions (NGSS) team’s mission is to develop and support digital solutions for Bain consultants and clients, so they get to better, faster insights and results.
The team is seeking a strong Senior Project manager to reinforce the team in a permanent capacity. The role will largely focus on driving the development of software solutions from initial ideas through to launch and scaling. Additionally the role may manage more junior
Project Managers, and coach them on delivery of their own projects.
The role is based in London; local candidates or those willing to relocate only.
High proficiency in a variety of techniques and tools to define the problem space and requirements for a solution, including:
Product lifecycle management
Being flexible to play several roles throughout the solution lifecycle as required:
• BA / MSc or equivalent undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials
• Minimum 5-7 years successful track record in B2B software project or product management
• Strong abilities in problem definition and problem solving
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with diverse stakeholders at all levels
• Experience in managing and developing more junior team members
• Facility to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience
• Comfort working independently in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to interface across many areas and levels of Bain and Practice organizations
• Passion for digital and innovation, results focused
• Ability to rapidly absorb and interpret technical information
• Ability to manage a team of multiple (senior) stakeholders including expert practitioners
• Experience in managing software development vendors or software providers
• Formal business analysis and/or Agile SCRUM certification
• Formal technical requirements modelling techniques such UML and BPMN
• Experience of writing solution test strategies and assuring test scripts & activities of QA teams
• Experience with low-code platforms
• Consulting industry experience