- Provide analytic consulting and primary market research expertise to Bain case teams and clients worldwide. The Senior Specialist will work with case teams to assess data needs, design primary research projects, and propose analytical solutions to provide practical, value-added answers to the client and case teams.
- Recommend and explain research methods and analytical techniques appropriate for targeting and segmenting markets, product design, marketing optimization, demand forecasting and brand valuation, profit and price analyses, and territory optimization.
- Design sample specifications, and develop surveys that will deliver actionable information.
- Conduct advanced statistical analyses: Explain and perform a variety of statistical and data mining techniques including discrete choice/conjoint analysis, latent class and other clustering techniques, maximum difference scaling, multivariate and logistic regressions, decision trees (e.g. CHAID/CART), and factor and correspondence/MDS analysis.
- Train and coach consultants on basic statistical and analytical procedures
- Keep abreast of new and current statistical and market research techniques.
- Develop relationships with external research vendors and interact with as needed
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to Bain’s consulting staff to support and expand the use of market research and modeling tools.