Bain & Company, a leading global strategy-consulting firm, serves clients on issues of strategy, operations, technology, organization and mergers and acquisitions. The firm was founded in 1973 on the principle that Bain consultants must measure their success by their clients' results. Delivering transformative results has always been a strength and competitive differentiator for Bain.
With 58 offices in 37 countries, Bain has worked the majority of the Global 500, thousands of major regional and local organizations, hundreds of nonprofits, and private equity funds representing 75 percent of global equity capital. We are proud of our clients' track record, like the fact that our public clients have historically outperformed the stock market 4 to 1.
Organizationally and culturally, Bain is very much a partnership. The environment is highly collegial, team-oriented, and apolitical. There is very little hierarchy and a great deal of autonomy – which translates into both entrepreneurial freedom and mutual respect and accountability.
Bain Automation Center of Excellence
The Bain Automation Center of Excellence is an integral part of Bain’s Performance Improvement practice that helps companies grow earnings and outperform the competition. The Automation Center of Excellence works with Bain teams and clients to identify, build and deploy automation solutions across business processes, such as service operations and support functions (Finance, Human Resources and others).
Bain & Company is looking to recruit an Automation Senior Specialist for our Automation Center of Excellence in North America.
The position will focus on helping our clients more effectively identify, design, and implement digital solutions across various business processes, in particular service operations and support functions (such as Finance or Human Resources). By digital solutions, we mean mature technologies, such as planning & analytics in Finance, to emerging technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence (including, but not limited to, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Machine Learning (ML)).
The position will require working with Bain clients to identify and prioritize opportunities (or use cases) to deploy digital technologies and automation in various business processes. The position will include supporting clients in profiling and recommending potential digital tool vendors for clients to work with. The position will require working with clients to pilot / prototype a proof of concept for identified digital solution(s). The position may require helping clients to design and implement internal organizations, such as Centers of Excellence or dedicated teams, to identify and deploy digital / automation solutions and client capability building in this space. Finally, the position will require working with clients to develop detailed project plans to implement digital solutions either in-house by the client and/or with a System Integrator partner selected by the client.
This individual should first have depth of knowledge and experience in various digital technologies, both mature and emerging technologies. This individual has experience working in software development teams to deploy automation, such as, but not limited to, RPA, machine learning, and other forms of AI, and advanced analytic solutions. This individual has both developed proof of concepts / pilots / demos and scaled these into larger scale implementations. This individual has strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies. In addition, this individual carries at least one or more certifications in relevant software platforms.
This individual may or may not have deep functional knowledge of service operations or support functions initially and can acquire this knowledge while in the position. There is not an expectation that this individual will have full proficiency across every function. Ideally, this individual will have worked with clients in the past in piloting and/or implementing digital technologies. This individual will likely come from industry (e.g., IT in a corporation or supporting Finance or HR systems in a Finance or HR department), consulting companies, or System Integrators.
The general scope of the role will include approximately 80% of time focused on client activities with the remaining 20% focused on Automation Center of Excellence capability building.
Client Serving and Development
Key Candidate Qualifications
The successful Automation Specialist candidate will have a track record of successfully building and deploying high quality automation solutions and alignment to the key requirements for the role.
Candidates will possess the following professional expertise:
Preferred Technical Expertise