- The Advanced Analytics Group (AAG) is a team of experts in consumer research, applied statistics, data science & engineering, and operations research. The Senior Specialist in Advanced Analytics works with Bain consulting teams to provide high quality results for our clients.
- The candidate will also work to advance AAG’s and Bain’s analytic capabilities and provide training in statistics and data science topics to the consulting staff as needed.
- This position will be located in Sydney or Melbourne.
- Provide analytical expertise to Bain case teams and clients worldwide. The Senior Specialist will work with case teams to assess data needs and propose analytical solutions to provide practical, value-added answers to the client.
- Recommend and apply research methods and analytical techniques appropriate for market and customer segmentation, product design, pricing, demand forecasting, predictive modelling, territory optimization, and in-market testing.
- Conduct advanced statistical analyses: Explain and perform a variety of statistical and data mining techniques including discrete choice/conjoint analysis, latent class and other clustering techniques, maximum difference scaling, multiple regression and logistic regressions, decision trees (e.g. CHAID/CART), and factor and correspondence/MDS analysis.
- Train and coach consultants on basic statistical and analytical procedures
- Keep abreast of new and current statistical and data science techniques.
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to Bain consulting staff to support and expand the use of analytics software and tools (Alteryx, Tableau).
- 5-10 years of experience with applied statistical analysis in a business environment without a Master’s Degree, or 3+ years’ experience with a Master’s Degree or PhD in statistics, math, data science, behavioural science, or related field
- Extensive experience with R, SPSS, or SAS
- Experience explaining and performing a variety of statistical and data mining techniques including: latent class segmentations, discrete choice/conjoint, multiple regression and logistic regressions, decision trees, and factor and correspondence/MDS analysis.
- Proficiency in machine learning techniques and data science tools (SQL, Python) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Must be able to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently
- Some travel required
- Fluent in English
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed