- The Advanced Analytics Group is a team of experts in primary market research, marketing science, data science, engineering and operations research. The Sr. Specialist, Primary Research works with Bain’s consulting teams to provide high quality results for our clients.
- The candidate will also work to advance AAG’s and Bain’s primary research capabilities and provide training to the consulting staff as needed.
- This position will be located in Boston, San Francisco, Chicago or Dallas.
- Provide primary market research expertise to Bain case teams and clients worldwide. The Senior Specialist will work with case teams to design primary research projects and sample plans, write and review surveys, and develop insights from the research to provide practical, value-added answers to the client and case teams.
- This person will work with the Digital, Customer and PEG Practices to create breakthrough approaches and insights.
- Recommend and explain research methods and techniques appropriate for projects focused on topics such as customer segmentation, customer experience, pricing, product development, brand strategy and go-to-market.
- Design sample specifications, and develop surveys that will deliver actionable information.
- Train and coach consultants on primary research procedures
- Keep abreast of new and current market research techniques.
- Develop relationships with external research vendors and interact with as needed.
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to Bain’s consulting staff to support and expand the use of market research and modeling tools.
- 5+ years of experience with primary market research in a business, market research or social science environment without a Master’s Degree, or 3+ years’ experience with a Master’s Degree or PhD in market research. Sociology, ethnography or related field
- Expertise in quantitative research methodologies
- Knowledgeable of qualitative research methodologies
- User-centered design research a plus
- Experience with SPSS or SAS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently
- Some travel required
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed