The Security Analyst will be responsible for helping to develop and maintain the security of Bain and it’s Clients. This position will implement and maintain technology based security systems and capabilities to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability of data and systems.
Successful candidates will have some knowledge in the overall field of security and problem-solving skills to tackle normal issues encountered in an enterprise environment as well as unique issues and problems without precedent. The position requires knowledge of enterprise technologies and architectures and expertise in implementing technology best practices for major vendor software installations as well as proprietary applications. The position will require expertise in, network and system security, configuration/authorization/privilege management and vulnerability management.
This role will also be involved in providing greater awareness around security to TSG and interact with other departments in implementing high standards of security and functionality throughout the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated interest in technology, handling of technology issues and analytical analysis of problems
• Industry accepted security certifications not required (CISSP, SANS, etc.) but are a plus
• 3+ years’ experience with security related technologies, or related/relevant experience
• Demonstrated abilities in project management and meeting timelines
• Understanding of networks and network based security technologies (Firewall, IPS, IDS, SIEM).
• Understanding of scripting languages for automation.
• Knowledge of application security issues and configuration best practices for Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Server products (Exchange, IIS, Lync, SharePoint) and associated Office products, mobile devices.
• Understanding of Cloud based solutions (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS service delivery models) to ensure solutions meet the security needs of stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight on complex system administration tasks. Strong hands-on technical skills and background (including knowledge of Operating Systems and Network Devices). Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts, understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls including risk assessment methods and technologies.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Attention to detail and priority/time management.
• Strong customer service, analytic, communication (oral and written) and troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
• High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience