This is an exciting time to join the Consulting Expert Program team! The Program Manager of the Consulting Expert Program is responsible for supporting all aspects of our Expert talent life-cycle in the region.
This role is critical to keeping our Experts, their affiliated practice or capability areas, and local offices engaged in the overall expert talent management processes and programs and in positioning our Experts for success in their roles. The Program Manager will be responsible for designing and leading successful integrations for new hires, managing the staffing process, engaging Experts and their leaders (RPLs, PLs) in ongoing conversations about professional development, and managing the supporting HR functions of the overall program.
• Provide leadership, consultation, and strategic oversight of Americas Consulting Expert Program within specific practice/capability areas.
• Understand the talent needs of each practice/capability area and work with RPL/PL to design talent plans for each Expert.
• Design, manage, and deliver process improvement initiatives related to the talent life cycle, including:
o Onboarding: Planning for new hire, building onboarding plan with practice/capability leads
o Integration: Managing initial staffing allocations; engaging in frequent check-ins with expert, RPL/PL, and case team leadership to manage expectations and provide continuous feedback loop
o Professional development (PD): Connecting with experts and getting to know them and their development needs
o Staffing: Engaging with experts and leaders to understand allocations, utilization, and align opportunities with PD of individuals
o Review & promotion process: Manage review process for individual cases and semi-annual calibration reviews; Align compensation, promotions and messaging for each expert
• Assist in managing daily operations of the Americas Consulting Expert Program reflecting the highest levels of service during talent management processes
o Partner with local office HR teams in region to align on roles & responsibilities as new experts are hired into offices
o Work with appropriate HR team members across region to ensure processes are run effectively and expert information related to onboarding, training, staffing, reviews, compensation, and PD are updated regularly in Bain’s HR systems
• Five to seven years of HR/talent management experience for a professional services firm is required
• Strategic understanding of review and compensation cycles
• Experience managing office/region talent process
• Strong business acumen; previous experience working in consulting is ideal
• Excellent project management skills and people management skills
• Outstanding interpersonal, written/verbal communication, customer service and organizational skills
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment and handle highly confidential information in a professional manner
• Flexibility with work schedule; ability to work across EMEA time zones
• Experience or understanding of HR systems to onboard new hires, input compensation changes, monitor review process milestones, track allocations/staffing, and process personal and professional changes in employee status, is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree required