This is an exciting time to join the Consulting Expert Program team! The Specialist for the Consulting Expert Program is responsible for supporting all aspects of our Expert talent life-cycle. As we are in a growth period for our program, we are looking for a team member to help run the daily operations of our program, while also helping us identify and operationalize best practices in our program. This role is critical to keeping our Experts, their affiliated practice or capability areas, and local offices engaged in the overall expert talent management processes and programs and in positioning our Experts for success in their roles.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of our talent management program, including but not limited to:
o Onboarding: Work with local office & global HR teams to confirm set-up once an offer is accepted and make sure the Expert is day 1 ready. Build onboarding plan with practice/capability leads. Update and maintain all trackers and distribution lists. Collaborate with shared services center on background check process.
o Training: Partner with local and global training teams to plan and confirm training sessions for Experts throughout their development; Manage overall training allocations globally to ensure adequate opportunities for Experts to engage in training sessions
o Performance Review and feedback management: Manage feedback process to gather ongoing feedback on Experts’ development during case allocations and bi-annual reviews. Also handle the process for specifically timed feedback related to compensation planning and promotion windows. Perform a quality control review on the feedback to be shared with Experts. Manage and update review forms; deploy and track feedback.
o Staffing and utilization: Assist in creating v2.0 of our staffing dashboards; track and update all systems and dashboards with changes in staffing allocations and billings for Experts. Manage the process for collecting data.
o Compensation: Work with global Expert Program team and global Compensation team to track and review compensation at key points in talent lifecycle (annual reviews, promotion windows).
o Transfers/Global Mobility: Act as a key point of contact for geographic relocations (temporary or permanent) for the Expert Population
o Employee relations: Serve as a first line of contact for employees and supervisors on a employee relations issues ranging from performance management, accommodations and medical leaves, and other situations. Engage HR supervisor, local HR teams and other expert resources as required to ensure successful resolution.
o Apply HR knowledge, policies, and practices effectively to a wide variety of scenarios within the Expert program/population.
o Manage the exit process for departing employees; conduct exit interviews (as appropriate); identify key themes
• Provide the highest levels of service to our Experts, Practice & Capability Area Leaders, and our Global Human Capital team.
• Work with appropriate HR team members across region to ensure processes are run effectively and expert information related to onboarding, training, staffing, reviews, compensation, and PD are updated regularly in Bain’s HR systems
• Minimum of 4 years of HR experience for a professional services firm is required
• Excellent project management skills and customer service skills, and a knack for helping to guide others to stay on-track of multiple timelines and processes
• Experience organizing and executing performance review and compensation cycles
• Strong business acumen
• Experience working with company leadership team members
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment and handle highly confidential information in a professional manner
• Experience working with HR systems to onboard new hires, input compensation changes, monitor review process milestones, track allocations/staffing, and process personal and professional changes in employee status.
• Experience in working collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
• Experience in working with a global employee population is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree required