- The Advanced Analytics Group is a team of experts in primary market research, marketing science, data science, engineering and operations research. The Sr. Specialist, Marketing Science works with Bain’s consulting teams to provide high quality results for our clients.
- The candidate will also work to advance AAG’s and Bain’s analytic and research capabilities and provide training to the consulting staff as needed.
- This position will be located in Sao Paulo.
- Provide analytic consulting and primary market research expertise to Bain case teams and clients worldwide. The Senior Specialist will work with case teams to assess data needs, design primary research projects, and propose analytical solutions to provide practical, value-added answers to the client and case teams.
- Recommend and explain research methods and analytical techniques appropriate for targeting and segmenting markets, product design, marketing optimization, demand forecasting and brand valuation, profit and price analyses, and territory optimization.
- Design sample specifications, and develop surveys that will deliver actionable information.
- Conduct advanced statistical analyses: Explain and perform a variety of statistical and data mining techniques including discrete choice/conjoint analysis, latent class and other clustering techniques, maximum difference scaling, multiple regression and logistic regression, decision trees (e.g. CHAID/CART), and factor and correspondence/MDS analysis.
- Train and coach consultants on basic statistical and analytical procedures
- Keep abreast of new and current statistical and market research techniques.
- Develop relationships with external research vendors and interact with as needed.
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to Bain’s consulting staff to support and expand the use of market research and modeling tools.
- 5-10 years of experience with primary market research and statistical analysis in a business, market research or social science environment without a Master’s Degree, or 3+ years’ experience with a Master’s Degree or PhD in statistics, math, economics, market research or related field
- Experience with R
- Experience with SPSS or SAS
- Experience explaining and performing a variety of statistical and data mining techniques including: latent class segmentations, discrete choice/conjoint, multiple regressoin and logistic regressions, decision trees, and factor and correspondence/MDS analysis.
- Proficiency in machine learning techniques and data science tools (SQL, Python) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
- Must be able to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently
- Some travel required
- Fluent in English and Portuguese or Spanish; please submit resume in English
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed