The T&E Associate will provide high quality, proactive support to all employees, through timely review of transactions relative to supporting details and expense policy, thoughtful consideration of trends, clear, collaborative, empathetic communication with employees to gather additional information or explain non-reimbursable items, including detailed documentation of circumstances and judgment exercised in a proprietary Expense Audit program. Respond to the inquiries and needs of Bain employees to ensure understanding of Bain’s expense policies and procedures.
• Review expense details as submitted for accuracy, overall reasonableness and consistency with firm policy.
o Correspond with employees to ensure completeness and accuracy of records submitted or explain context of submitted items that are not reimbursable.
o Exercise judgment to assess reasonableness of expenditure in light of employee’s role, level, geographic location, nature of event, cumulative transactions.
o Proactively assess and communicate volume vs capacity constraints to facilitate rebalancing across team members or planning for overtime hours.
o Identify unusual trends or nonstandard items that may require policy clarification or additional approvals.
o Consistently complete audit steps required by department procedures, documentation and controls.
o Provide superior customer service to resolve system issues and expense questions in a timely manner
• Complete projects as assigned, including
o Review outstanding employee credits and follow up to match or contact employees if needed
o Research potential duplicates, propose plan of action to Specialist and Manager, execute approved plan.
o Generate paylists and bank files; trouble shoot system issues arising from code usage and matching
o Respond to inquiries for additional information from approver
o Review GMAT and CTE expense submissions for compliance with approvals.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’ degree with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• 2+ years of experience in a finance related customer service role
• Basic accounting knowledge required.
• Excellent math aptitude and accuracy
• Professional communication, outstanding organization and multi-tasking skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively with other team members
• Strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail and time management skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with highly confidential information
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
• Highly motivated; self-starter, strong customer service focus