BUILD THE NEXT-GENERATION OF CONSULTING PRODUCTS
Bain's Next-Generation Product Management (NGPM) team has been set up to help Industry and Capability practice areas turbocharge their Products, enabling our intellectual property in new ways. We focus on four "lenses": Technology, Tools and Analytics; Benchmarks and Databases; Delivery Models & Partnerships; and Visual Design & Marketing.
This more holistic approach to case delivery takes us beyond the typical small team set-up, PowerPoint, and Excel. The result is a greater ability to sell cases effectively, serve clients efficiently, and drive capability transfer. In short, it's about better results that enhance our clients' and our own competitiveness.
BEST-IN-CLASS TOOLS THAT ENABLE BEST-IN-CLASS IP
Examples of tools recently launched by the NGPM team include the Bain Integrator, the Bain Org Navigator, the Bain Org Architect, the Bain Spend Cube, and Justinmind.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Next-Generation Product Management team is seeking a strong candidate to largely focus on driving the development of tools and technology in cooperation with individual practice owners.
The NG Associate Manager will be responsible for driving the development of 2-3 specific tools through our framework (below). In addition, he or she will have broader team responsibilities that cut across tools:
• Enable consulting case teams to be proficient in using new analytics tools.
• Increase awareness and adoption of analytical solutions within Bain.
• Identify and synthesize tool improvement opportunities and advance in analytics software and methodologies.
• Troubleshoot and escalate technical problems related to analytics solutions.
• Be proficient in Alteryx and Tableau solutions in order to be able to develop dashboards
• Collaborate efficiently with key stakeholders and other shared resources in order to drive application of analytical tools and methods through product development milestones.
• Advice case teams on how to use full tool capabilities, and types of analytical analysis possible.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with domain experts to develop and refine training manuals, user guides, and instructional videos.
• Manage demo site and delivers demos to consultants and occasionally to end-client users.
• Manage day-to-day vendor relationship and roadmap.
• Drive market scans to identify, assess and select potential vendors.
• Engage with broader NGPM team to ensure best practices are identified and codified.
• BA or equivalent undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials. (Bain alumni ideal).
• 2-5 years of experience in quantitative/statistical analysis in a business, market research, social science or related field.
• Extensive experience with one or more of these tools - Alteryx, Tableau, SPSS, or SAS.
• Proficiency in performing a variety of data mining techniques, data transformations and in building reporting dashboards.
• Experience in explaining complex analysis in simple terms and must be able to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience.
• Strong communication, project management and interpersonal skills are a must.
• Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently.
• Ability to quickly pick up and apply complex technical skills.
• Ability to work well with all levels within Bain and at client.
• MBA or other graduate degree.
• Previous experience in analytical roles and product management.
• Interest in or experience with product development, innovation, process management and/or software / technology is a plus.