- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
- Strong skills in scoping, problem definition and problem solving under time constraints
- Master’s degree or higher in a related discipline such as Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, quantitative Management Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong skills in data engineering (e.g. SQL, R, Python).
- Familiarity with a variety of operations analytics applications including supply chain and logistics, inventory and resource planning, manufacturing and retail, network and service operations, and marketing and sales.
- Expertise in Optimization techniques and languages and experience in formulating and implementing optimization solvers, linear, integer, non-linear. Able to reformulate complex problems into more tractable solutions, including use of heuristic algorithms. Familiar with advanced optimization modelling languages, e.g. Gurobi, CPLEX
- Familiarity with dynamic, discrete event, and stochastic simulation methods and languages.
- Familiarity with time series and forecasting techniques.
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently.
- Up to 50% travel required.
Additional Assets (Optional skills, experience that the ideal candidates will have)
- Expertise in statistical modelling, data science and machine learning applications.
- Experience in risk modelling and building decision support tools
- Strong skills in multi-dimensional modelling and enterprise, ERP/MRP databases, e.g. Hyperion, Oracle, SAP, EPC, etc.
- Experience with advanced simulation modelling and tools. May include Excel based modelling applications and simulation/solver add-in solutions, e.g. Oracle Crystal Ball and Optquest, Lindo What’s Best, or Frontline Solvers (optional). May include simulation tools and languages eg. SAS/OR, Lindo, AIMMS, AnyLogic. Optional experience with application specific software e.g. Llamasoft (supply chain) or Terralign (Sales Territory)
- Expert in advanced time series modelling techniques for forecasting short term, mid-term and long term demand and resource requirements, e.g. inventory, demand, workforce management
- Experience with VBA and SAS/OR. Optional experience with C, C++, Java.